The information provided here is for mailing list administrators.
If you have just received your new mailing list then we recommend to look at least through the following options in the administrative interface to optimally configure your list:
- Set the maximum allowed message size. Set to
0 to use the server limit which is
Privacy options » Subscription rules
- Advertise the list on https://lists.inf.ethz.ch/ or not.
- Allow people to subscribe themselves or not.
- Allow members or only the list owner to see who is registered.
Privacy options » Sender filters
- Moderate messages from new members just accept them.
- What to do with messages from non-members.
Privacy options » Recipient filters
- How many
CC: can be in a posting before it gets held for moderation.
- Recommended value here is 180 and should only be lowered for lists with constantly high traffic.
- Select if the archive is public or private.
Umbrella lists are mailing lists that contain other mailing lists. These are tricky to configure right so we recommend to contact our service desk
to set these up correctly.