As a graduate student or researcher you have access to the IT infrastructure of ETH Zurich
, the Department of Computer Science
and your research group
typically manages the later two and provided help and support.
Your IT Coordinator
Every research group has an IT Coordinator
) who is the primary contact for IT related questions and issues for all members of the group and who is familiar with the groups particular IT infrastructure and the policies governing its usage.
If your IT Coordinator
is not available you can contact isginf directly
. Send us an email to email@example.com
, call us on +41 44 632 7210
(internal 27210) or come to our service desk
in CAB E 48
during our opening hours (Monday to Friday, 9:30-11:30 and 13:30-16:30). In the help section
on our website you can also find solutions to the common issues and various instructions. Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
goes to our ticketing system
and can also be viewed by your ITC
ETH User Account
A ETH user account
is required to use the IT infrastructure (computers, network, email, etc.) at ETH Zurich. Your login and the initial password is sent to you via postal mail after hiring. If you are a former undergraduate student you will keep your existing ETH user account
Changing Your Passwords
You can change the passwords of your ETH user account
. Login with your ETH user name
and your current ETH password for web applications
. Then choose Change password
under Self Service
. The password change wizard will guide you through the process.
If you have forgotten your password then please come to our service desk
and bring your ETH card
or another official identification document with you.
Here are a few things you want to do when you start at ETH:
Your research group has their own infrastructure (the necessary user account
for the IT infrastructure of your research group is created automatically or by your ITC
). Ask your ITC
if you have any of the following:
Before you leave ETH we recommend you do the following:
- Move the mails you want to keep to a private mailbox and request a permanent forward.
- Copy your personal home page to a new location and request a permanent redirect. Please ask your ITC if there is a space on the group website for the home pages of former members.
- Transfer any data that belongs to your research group from your home directory or personal laptop to a location designated by your ITC.
- All personal projects at gitlab.inf.ethz.ch will be deleted. Please ensure that projects belonging to the group are moved out of your user namespace.
- Delete unwanted data stored on workstations, laptops, network shares, etc.
- Return your laptop and other hardware to your ITC.