virtual servers but physical servers are cheaper if you need one or more of the following:
- Large storage
- High I/O
- High CPU load or performance
- Special hardware (e.g., GPUs)
r2164i5(1U) from Dalco with one or two Intel Xeon CPUs on a S2600WTTR motherboard.
- Intel Management Module 4
- ARECA RAID controller
- 4 to 12 3.5" hot-plug SAS or SATA drive bays
- Intel SATA SSD drives (when needed)
- Tested by isginf
- Full hardware support on the server operating systems
- The hardware is server grade. Workstations do explicitly not qualify for a server installation.
- The hardware is still under warranty.
- The system has at least two hard disks with hardware RAID1.
- The server is certified to run the operating system of choice.